LP – Limited Blue Vinyl
(*only 400 copies pressed)
This is a presale order, release date MAR 19th
All orders will be shipped on or before MAR 19th
You can also collect in store on release day.
Compiled together with the band, this is the ultimate Demilich demo compilation. In the late days of the early life of death metal in the early nineties, the death metal “community” had strayed from an appreciation of the majestic possibilities of sound, and were making a mundane product instead. They wanted the most “brutal” sound so the largest crowd could hear it, consider themselves “extreme,” and go back to work with a hangover.
This made the music escape its tiny audience, but killed off exploration as well. In addition, it was defensive and under-confident, feeling its chops lagged behind the rock, blues and jazz genres. Stagnation struck even as the genre accelerated. Enter the dark horse, Demilich. These inventive Finns reintroduced amazement at the possibilities of music. Where most people look at a forest and see wood for sale, a death metal fan after Demilich sees an intricate organism in itself, with the smallest details corresponding to the broadest concepts. The labyrinthine riffs of Demilich corresponded to a worldview that saw the connection between details as a design, and a design as conferring a purpose to life, cycling between birth and death as it spelled out the cryptic intricacies of ancient mysteries. Demilich was like finding a submerged city, or discovering a new path through the mountains, or even confronting a glowering enemy on the open plain. It brought risk, uncertainty, ambiguity and a sense of sublime beauty back to death metal, pulling it away from the slump in which it treated itself as a hammer and every listener as a nail.
1. When the Sun Drank the Weight of Water – 3:43
2. The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son of Fourteen Four-Regional Dimensions (Still Unnamed) – 3:29
3. Inherited Bowel Levitation – Reduced Without Any Effort – 3:22
4. The Echo (Replacement) – 4:27
5. The Putrefying Road in the Nineteenth Extremity (…Somewhere Inside the Bowels of Endlessness…) – 2:40
1. (Within) The Chamber of Whispering Eyes – 4:12
2. And You’ll Remain… (In Pieces in Nothingness) – 3:12
3. Erecshyrinol – 3:17
4. The Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh That It Desired…) – 3:17
5. The Cry – 3:42
6. Raped Embalmed Beauty Sleep – 3:42